Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Update on Greg

(ok the dates on th pics are off)
Greg left for VA on Wed. Oct. 24th. Unbeknownst (his favorite word) to his family, he suprised us with an early morning phone call from the airport! It was so wonderful to hear his voice. He sounded happy and the same teasing, always-finding-something- to- get- into guy. There were 5 of them going to VA. He loved his time at the MTC and sent home 3 items to remember it by....an acorn, fall leaves and a square of TP. Apparently they tp'd the elders room, went playing in the fall leaves (I don't even want to imagine what the suit looks like after that) and he and his companion bonded over collecting acorns. He wrote a beautiful poem which if he gives me permission, I will post on here. He keeps feeling prompted to write a hymn, I'm assuming the lyrics only. He says he "enjoys the challenges and look forward to those in the mission field."

The mission home called me on Wed. night to tell me Greg had arrived safely and he ate a great dinner and was writing a letter and sending a picture of him. He was spending the first night at the mission home and then going to the local chapel the next day to train and then meet his trainer....sounds like dog obedience school to me!!! So now he is an official "greenie!" Anjum

No comments: