Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Letter from Greg 11/6/07

well another week has come and gone. but still the work is tough. I have a new quote:

"if missionary work gets easy, then you're not doing something right."- Elder malone

i really love the talk that President Eyring gave at conference in 2002 called Rising to your call and I would have anyone who gets any type of call to read it. it really is amazing how this gospel works. I went on an exchange with the zone leaders yesterday and actually learned more from him then I do my companion, sad as it is. but we taught a bunch of people and they all seemed really interested in the gospel. but they have to make the change and put forth the effort themseleves. and thats probably the hardest of all. especially when some guy chooses football over the word of God. Im wondering what he will say when God says, "as a matter of fact I DID send my gospel to your door. Rememeber those guys in ties and suits? that you said you were too busy to listen to becuase your football team was playing?" But Rita is struggling with the gospel. she invites us over to teach but she doesnt show up for her appointments so thats tough. especially on elder rappleye. But I keep the right attitude and look at every door as a new chance to help them. not the effects of an old door. Charles is a back-up baptist minister and he goes to his church over ours. so we are really hoping to get him to church. this sunday is fast sunday so we are probably going to his congregation then taking him to ours. im excited because I love going to those churches where they "praise the Lord! and sing hallelujah!" but im really hoping on those people we talked to at their door to call us. And we are also putting a ton of emphasis on the members and getting them going on a ward mission plan to help them reach out to their non member friends. so we are counting on referrals there too. OH! the sweetest thing happened. this little girl named tara richio ran up to me and said "elder elder! here!" and she handed me a drawing she made of me! it was the cutest thing in the world! and im mad we cant hug little kids so all i could do was giver her a piece of gum. :( but she is only 3 or 4 but still it was awesome, and I carry it with me all the time. but it helps me know more that I am a missionary because everyone calls me elder and I do the missionary work. its nice to be in virginia right now when everyone loves the missioinaries. especially when the world needs it soo much.everyone read up on bill carpenters conversion story. its truly amazing! love to all!
Love, elder malone

No comments: