Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm a grandpa!

Elder Holley, my son, is training this transfer! Which makes me a grandpa! haha that makes me feel old, mission wise. But I will get a generational picture tomorrow and have to send it out. I guess he didn't turn out so bad after all huh?...odd.

I have 4 transfers left, including this one. And i am going down to Norfolk 2nd ward in the VA Beach stake. I've never served in that one before but I've been to Norfolk plenty. WE are on a bike and I'm excited. Have I mentioned how much I love biking? Well I really do. So I might need some money to get it back in working order. Actually I need 20 dollars. We HAVE to wear these ridiculous yellow reflectors and leg straps all the time... to keep cars from hitting us, (hmm...a little late?) so good news is no more cars! Bad news is, more Mormon jokes. We are known for the white shirts and black pants, and soon also the yellow bandalos. President thinks they are the greatest thing ever....He is also bald, so phooey on him. Here is my new address in case anyone really cares:

Elder Humility
6411 Crescent Way #203
Norfolk, VA 23513

Now a lesson on Norfolk. Don't get confused with the pronunciation of it with Suffolk. Suffolk= Suf-folk...Norfolk=Nor-fick. I would write the southern way to say Norfolk but that involves a bad word but it is properly said with that word in there. Perhaps if I'm feeling rebellious one day, ill say it for y'all. its ok for me, I'm a missionary, and its my mission language. I feel like this is a small transfer too. I won't be in Norfolk very long. I think the Lord is really just hopping me around to keep it fresh, and to utilize me in ways I'm needed. I have often felt that I'm here more to bless than to be blessed. A lot of my companions had things I could help them with. Maybe ill be a counselor one day. who knows.

Miracles in Farmville. Well, we had 4 to church which is nice. WE are dropping some people and picking up a few new ones. Not too many actually. But the branch just loves how hard we work. They are very impressed at our attitude on not wasting time or doing dumb things. So we got a good reputation going there. Which has brought about a greater missionary spirit. So this Sunday we are teaching some friends of a member. The best kind to get because the member will be there. So talk about a blessing. Those have a 80% rate of getting baptized I believe. So invite your friends!

I'm not excited to leave, but it feels ready. Which is odd because of Crystal, being sent here to teach her. But the Lord knows what He is doing with His Elders. And I know that President is inspired man. so...we shalljavascript:void(0) roll with the punches.

Love to all,
Elder Malone

No comments: