Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Transfer to Meadowbrooke.....

I think the "e" at the end makes it look a little more formal don't you think?

Well Meadowbrook is amazing!!! I love it soo much. The joys of living in
Richmond and being so close to all my favorite missionaries plus the ward is
great! We got the nicest welcome on Sunday and lots of missionary excitement.
The bishop is just all for missionary work and it gets the members all excited
too. It truly is a very dedicated area. makes me wonder why they changed both
missionaries out and haven't baptized in a while. But that will change.

We had a zone conference yesterday, a big one too. Sister Millburn who has
been sick for almost 11 months now showed up! it was really powerful when she
spoke and gave her testimony. I haven't seen her for like 11 months too. its
really sad but she is pulling through! At zone conference they mentioned some
really neat things about using the BOM in our teaching. Like how its easier to
convince people of the truthfulness of the BOM than it is to convince them that
we have the correct interpretation of Bible scriptures. very true!

President is starting something called the "146 Days to Remember". its a BOM challenge to read through it marking 5 scriptures for 15 different topics of the gospel. then we have to memorize them. but think of how much more powerful that would be! I'm excited, mostly because I'm already in Alma in my other BOM reading and marking up my military set of scriptures I got in Norfolk. So im marking principles in one set, reading from Alma to the end in my little BOM and starting over in a brand new copy. Not to mention I don't have 146 days left! :) so it has to be done faster. but not a problem. its an awesome book. not to mention a true one.

We are starting a new program called lesson series. The First Presidency has
asked that all missionaries teach at least 20 lessons a week to all kinds of
members and nonmembers. So we go into members homes and share a POWERFUL 10 min
lesson and then pray and walk out! it really only is supposed to last about
10-15 mins so not a hard job for the member. we do it once a week for 4 weeks
straight. then supposedly by week 2 or 3, they have someone to invite into their
home where we share another 15 min lesson. powerful once more. and this time its
all conversion from here on out!

Elder Burningham is my new companion. From Cardston, Alberta. very luckily for
me he is really into fitness so we are going to look good. Plus, he is really
funny, very spiritual and we get along great. the ward is solid in doing what
needs to be done and I'm on bike in south side of Richmond, VA. What else could a
guy ask for?
Love,
Elder Malone

1 comment:

Amber Veater said...

looks like he's still going strong! :)