Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Letter home on 1/29/08


Hey how are ya'll? Hope all is well with the family.

Things are going well here. We just had another baptism on the 26th. His name is
Greg Harmon. Elder Horsley, one of the Elders who found him back in June, did
the baptism and the branch Prseident did the confirming. Greg's dad brought him
to the baptism which was a big step for him there! So that was really nice to
hear! And he even talked about church too! But he didn't come. Its ok though we
are going to work with Greg on missionary work with his dad. He is super solid
though. He watches BYU TV and reads all day long!

Well this past weekend has been really long for me and continues a little faster
at least. On Friday for dinner I had fried chicken so I used a hot sauce called
texas petes. Which is good stuff but hot. But I can handle it you know? Well
then on saturday for lunch I had nachos with texas pete again and for saturday
dinner I had mexican with salsa and hot sauce of course. So all in all my
stomach has been killing me all weekend even until now. Its not as bad but
definitely hurts. And it was not just the hot sauce. we think I might have an
ulcer. I have not had it checked out yet but because I have had no sharp or
terrible pains today I think I am alright. But who knows? If it continues
through the week, I promise promise I will go to the hospital. OK? no worries.

We finally had another investigator come to church! Her name is Ruth and she
needs the gospel bad. Her family is torn up and she smokes. So she will need
some work but she is very into the gospel. Luckily she came last sunday or
else we would not be able to have any baptisms in Feburary! :( not that i am focusing on
that but investigators need to go to church 4 times before getting baptized. So
its a step and we are asked to baptized monthly. I am doing good so far! We
have about 7 investigators we could set for baptism but we just need them to
come to church! So we will set them and have the Lord help us in getting them
there!

I have really learned to trust the Lord. Because knowing that I am right with
Him is worth more than being "cool" in the eyes of other missionaries, I do not
care really about ties or being the center of the crowd. I do what I want and
thats follow the Lord. Unfortunately there are alot of Elders who focus on other
things. So I keep my mind in the clear and be an example. No one likes to hear
advice from a younger missionary even though I am more focused. So I set the
example and they follow after a little while.

I found out about some Malones. They own a lot of land in Virginia. A small town
abvoe the border of NC and VA. Ruth mentioned the last name because her daughter
married into them. So she could be my link into them. I hope so. I think the
town is in the mission or close enough at least so I could contact them. I will find
out more but I think that is them. I never got the genealogy information if it
got sent. Please resend?

I am very grateflul to have such a loving family who supports me. I apologize
for my ignorance and selfishness I have displayed these past 3 months. It is
very difficult to adjust to so much in this short time. It is leveling out but I still
feel it. I hope I will be nicer to ya'll as time goes on. I have really gained
a greater appreciation for my family out here. I look forward to sharing
memories with ya'll. Even if I don't write very much of them, I have them. And
if I do not express love then I apologize. I feel it more than I say it. I am
learning more about myself and where I play a part in God's plan. Its comforting
to know that we have a part and we can fulfill it through Christ and through
faith. Have faith. Its what I rely on and the Lord gives me more everyday. Use
yours so it builds like mine does. MY favorite scripture recently is Alma 13:3...
exceedingly great faith is mentioned twice.
FAITH- find it. apply it. share it. build it.
I know that it will get us through the storms. Faith is the foundation on which
we build. The first principle of the Gospel is faith. Faith faith faith. I love
it! And you should too! I know you will. Love to all.
Love
Elder Malone

No comments: