Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

Alright people are you ready for a huge shock?!?! I sure as heck fire was when I found out...Well here it is. I got a call from Elder Coles last night right as we were opening our mouths to say our prayer. He is an AP so that meant something on transfer night especially. Well it turns out he wanted to talk to me! And he said, "Elder Malone, after some careful and prayerful consideration, we would like to extend to you to be the District Leader in the Glen Allen district. Its in the Richmond Zone(or stake). As we were doing transfers, we realized that we needed one more District Leader. And President Millburn and we all agree that you are more than capable to fill this role. So do you want it?" HAHA well needless to say, I was more than stunned. Why me? I didn't think that was what President was talking about when he said "big change" and " prepare yourself well." Who knew?! so there it is! I'm going up to Richmond VA to be a district Leader over 2 other companionships. My new companion will be Elder Davis who is one transfer younger than I. And from what i know a really awesome guy! So talk about a responsibility! But I prayed to the Lord to help me and comfort me when I find out where I am going so I know that it is where HE wants me to go. And I got the sweetest most peaceful feeling ever thought about. It gave me such comfort. And I later thanked Heavenly Father repeatedly for the support and comfort He gave me. I know I will rely on Him a lot this transfer but I look forward to it. I pray that I might be humble in serving them and helping my district in the way that they need it the most. I see this as a great opportunity to prove myself to the Lord and Mission President that I can do it! Now there is a catch, I'm getting shotgunned in there which means that neither I nor Elder Davis are there currently so we are starting from scratch when it comes to knowing people and the whereabouts of things. So it should be a great adventure. Oh..and I'm on bike. :) but i will love every minute of the heat and sweat that will be coming. Coats off now till next conference! so that is much better on bike. I love the Lord soo much. not just now but I always have. He is my best friend out here. And will be at home too! he gives me soo much strength when all I do is turn to Him and just tell Him what is wrong. He always provides a way. Like Sister Tanner said on Sunday, "The Lord is a 4th watch Lord.' He comes at the last minute to help us. Last minute for us but just in time for Him. He will never abandon us." I KNOW that with all my heart. Ahoskie has taught me a lot and I will look back knowing that its been really growing. And Ahoskie is getting closed for a while. no more missionaries which is why I'm cleaning all day today and tomorrow and packing. so i don't know my new address yet but I will soon.
Love to all. and thanks for the prayers,
Love Elder Malone

No comments: