Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A sound understanding...

Some times in life we realize that we are completely wrong. This is a lesson learned multiple times. Especially as a missionary and dealing with stubborn companions. But the best part is having a companion that understands the process of growth and the building of ones character. Elder Barr and I have had some really good fights lately. Sorry to say that I almost lost my patient with him. Luckily though he had the phone so I couldnt call President and ask for an Emergency Transfer(ET). We worked through it and kinda fixed the problems. The thing I realized is that I expect too much from others sometimes. I am able to perform to a level that he cannot in some areas. He is able to perform to a level incomparable to me as well. So I cannot expect him to be a morning AND evening person as I fully am. Sure people get tired. Since I usually do not, its difficult for to understand why he does. But the Good Lord has opened my eyes due to my prayers and helped me see that his best is his best. It may not be my best but its his best. Thats all the Lord requires and thats all I can require as well.

In better news, a man that I found and taught in Ahoskie named Ralph Hewitt is getting the plunge on December 13th! We found him almost a year ago come January. How incredible is that? That is right before transfers too so if we get an investigator, we can go! What a marvelous blessing it would be to see him get baptized. A man that I knew as a greenie, getting baptized while im still out here in my prime of my mission! The Lord knows me and that I wanted to see him baptized. I sure am. There are reasons why he is getting baptized now and not earlier. The current missionaries told me and I respect that. But he still said that he loved listening and learning from us. Also the friendships that he developed. I too am grateful for that.

Well its 35 degrees and Elder Malone is loving every moment! It actually "snowed" yesterday too! Like 12 flakes but hey, 12 is better than, what is it yall have? like 80 degrees. Oh yeah go East Coast!

We met an amazinly prepared lady on sat evening. Her name is Sheri and she loves the Lord. She has seen way more than I ever thought someone could and she still has faith that its part of a plan for her. Plus, she is looking forward with faith for the next trial to come! We invited her to Enrichment last night and she was soo ready to go! But her car was not quite fixed so she had to cancel. We could have gotten her a ride but when we went by to have her follow us, she was gone. :( Super Sad day. but we did get the Aguiar girls to go. The mom and her daughter. they had a nice time. The daughter in general found good friends and wants to come back! So hopefully she can get involved in mutual.

I love the church. get em once and they are as good as gold!
God Bless us all.
Elder Malone
p.s. yes even Obama

No comments: