Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

missionaries only fly twice... to and from home.

well i did attempt to fly a third time. and the Lord chastened me for doing so...here is the plunge of incredibleness.
So...we were riding on Monday morning to go to an appt with a guy named Mike. nice guy by the way. and while we were riding, i did something I always do..naturally i took my hands off the handle bars. i pulled out my little pocket map and started to look and see if we had missed the street or not. while i was biking, my bike drifted to the side of the street causing me to come too close to the curb. well in my efforts to get back on to the asphalt, my tire decided that instead of hopping over the curb and continuing onward, it wanted to twist around and stop right in its place. so of course it won. and next thing i know, im soaring over the bars with map in hand. my legs didnt make it over the bars so i took the bars with me, landing on them and then carried them with my legs as my momentum pulled me to a stop about 8 feet later. it..was..epic! i loved it! well, looking back now, at the time, it hurt somethin' awful. i laid there not sure which part hurt the most just knowing that there was alot on my right side that hurt. luckily, my face is ok. *phew* life goes on in the dating scene. ;) but...my shoulder got a good rub on the ground, and my elbow as well. my leg hurt really bad, so when i got up to walk, we went over to the 7-11, (thank heaven) to check said pain in leg. on checking i came to the conclusion that the tear in my garments and blood on them could mean something. i wasnt quite sure what but hoping for the worst, i look and noticed that, huh...is that my tissue? why by golly it is! that cant be good. who do i need to call to tell? so sure enough, on the inside of my right leg, there was a nice gash. still not quite sure what from because my brake handle is probabaly what i landed on and its not sharp! maybe thats why it hurt so bad... a deep blunt wound. ugh. so i got it stitched up and went home to rest for a little bit. but we got bored so we walked over to some members homes and tried to talk with them but there were kinda busy... so...nothing really exciting happened on monday. but everyone has been really nice about it! i get calls from my district almost at every meal to see how i am. we have a car now for a few days because i dont want to irritate the stitches and pull them on a bike. its nice. i miss cars sometimes. but sure enough, we get a car now when its like 75. last week it was like 90. where was my car then?! HUH?

so nothing really new. just some new wounds but hey, it was about time right?

OH OH OH! news! so..they called an emergency ZLC today. its a zone leader council. so im not going. BUT! why would they call one "emergency"? they have one coming up in about 2 weeks. i personally think two things.
1. Charlottesville is becoming its own stake, meaning a new zone will be opening. so thats big news! a city making its own stake. Richmond is covered by 3! (well, there are only about 5 actually covering the city limits, but because it goes over to the south side, there are two different wards down there that take the cake on that.) but it means that the church is growing out here! so that could be the cause of much rejoicing among the believers.
2. when i came out last year it was the end of a program called the TA program. Training Assistant. where about 1 missionary goes to a different area each week to help train missionareis on PMG and misionary work. just to help get the mission to become a preach my gospel mission. and there is a rumor among the zls that President might be bringing that back in! i really hope so for two reasons.
a. I really really want to be a TA. you have to know misionary work really well, not to mention PMG. BUT what a blessing! plus, its different every week, talk about trust, and ever since i came out i wanted to be one. more than an AP or ZL.
b. i never had one, so i would like to have one if they start it back up.
so i dont really know about it, whether its happeneing or not, but transfer calls are on tuesday so we shall know then right? :) pray family. pray for success!
i hope all is well with yall. i'll definitely keep yall in my prayers as always. thanks for the $upport and love. it helps alot.
Love
Elder Malone
p.s. Autumn is on Monday! everyone pray that it will last forever this time. jut cancel out winter and keep autumn! hooray for autumn!

No comments: