Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Letters of words forgotten

That's a pretty epic title huh? yeah i love writing. Well here is something interesting. I finally retired a pair of shoes. Oh they were bad. I will have to mail out pictures to y'all sometime. they had holes and everything. Multiple holes in each shoe. So i thought it was time to get rid of them. so we did. and now I'm using my other pair which are fast disappearing as well. not too many dress shoes can hold up to a bike or even tracting. so as a wish list to start i would ask for new shoes. Dr Martens are a good idea. they are comfy and good soled. i think its a good investment for that instead of a bunch of $30 shoes every time. Dr Martens are cheap(er), and they last! there is a member who has been home almost 10 years and he still has his. they are not really worn too much from his mission. he offered them to me but they are too big. :( too bad huh? so yeah no rush but those would be nice.

Elder Holley is from Sandy, Ut where there is no sand. and he has 2 siblings. he plans on going into medicine and goes to byu. he is a really funny kid and he has a good testimony. its difficult training just because I'm not too good at laying down the law one might say. i figure he knows whats right and he is an adult so if he chooses to brush his teeth at 1030 then its his deal. he has plenty of time to brush before. so i don't hound him about it. it causes contention or at least it can. but i feel it is my duty to say a little something. so i do but not too much. its almost physically impossible for me to get out the words to tell him no.

Aaron, the guy i told y'all I'm here to find is amazing! we don't really teach him because he teaches us. he knows tons and tons about the bible and the history also. the ONLY thing keeping him caught up from joining is the sabbath day changing from sat to sun. so we are going to talk about the priesthood to him and see what he says then. because he claims that Christ didn't even have that authority to change it so why should man? its tough but he will join one day. but as we were leaving though, he said that he has been feeling for a few weeks now that he needs to "be in my life" for some reason. he cant explain it and why but he asked for my AZ information. so i gave it to him. but it was really awesome that he feels like that too. i was wondering what's going on with him. but the interesting thing is that he is planning on moving on Sept 13th. and transfers are a week afterward. so good timing huh? i met him my first transfer here and we are both leaving around the same time. proof enough for me!

i love this gospel with all my soul. I may not understand it all but the truth is constantly made manifest unto my by little things the Lord does. I had an incredible study the other day in which I learned that I need to trust the Lord more. All learned from D&C 19:23. talking of meekness. i need to trust him more and forget about other things. just like in 3 Nephi 13 :26-35 or something like that. "consider the lilies" let us all trust in the Lord is my prayer this evening. Love to all y'all.
Elder Malone
p.s. today is my 11th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.